Friday, October 8, 2010

footwear, spinach, and motivation

Yesterday's highlight was a box from Zappos containing two pairs of Superfeet insoles -- one for my everyday shoes, and one for my running shoes.  I'm hoping they'll help with my plantar fasciitis (a problem I've had on and off since running track in middle school), since I've had a pair in my hiking boots for a year now without any problems on that front.  The insoles are now trimmed and inserted, and I'm excited to run with them.


On the food front, I'm happy to report that I'm almost done with the pound of spinach I bought at the farmers' market last Saturday.  I'm also damn impressed with myself for blowing through that much green goodness in a week!  I'll be buying another pound tomorrow, and will also be on the lookout for Long Island cheese squash, since I want to try Heather's awesome looking mac and cheese (and squash) recipe.

Happy feet and veggies aside, I'm having serious problems with motivation this week.  Perhaps it's the increasingly dark mornings (although my light box should be helping with that), or the fact that I'm on my period and probably a little hormonally out of whack.  Or perhaps I need to kick myself in the butt and make things work (to paraphrase the inimitable Tim Gunn).

Since the insoles are all set, I've got no excuse not to run today.  And as delicious and healthy as they might be, my lunch and dinner can't be green monster smoothies.  Then there's the small matter of the rough draft of a major paper due Wednesday that I haven't started.

This needs to be a kick-ass weekend full of doing.


I did not receive any sort of compensation or consideration for mentioning or picturing Zappos, Superfeet insoles, Keen shoes, or Asics shoes, and have no relationship with Zappos, Superfeet, Keen, or Asics beyond that of customer.  They're simply products I like.

No comments:

Post a Comment