Saturday, October 2, 2010

to market.

My Saturday routine has become a trip to the farmers' market near my house, followed by a trip to the grocery store two blocks over to round out my market finds.  This forces me to do some thinking about what vegerrific meals I'd like to make over the next week before I can do one of my favorite things...make a list!

This week's list:
From the market:

  • spinach (1 lb)
  • red peppers (2)
  • onions (2)
  • garlic (1 bulb)
  • broccoli (1 large head)
  • mozzarella (from Neopol, a local smokery -- a splurge at $7, but worth it!)
From the store:
  • feta
  • vegetable broth
  • eggs
  • milk
  • NY extra sharp cheddar
  • grainy mustard
  • can of white beans
  • frozen strawberries
  • Cheerios
  • Stash English Breakfast Tea
  • vitamins
Hopefully this will get me through the week (combined with pantry items I already have).  There will be a milk run at some point, but that's par for the course with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment