Saturday, October 2, 2010

misc.

  • I made my first green monster today.  It was quite good -- I used flax, spinach, banana, frozen strawberries, milk, and ice.  I'll be making two changes next time -- halving the recipe (the volume was  a bit overwhelming) and using less banana.  As advertised, the other ingredients camouflaged the spinach quite well.
  • Dinner was kind of a fail.  I was excited to make a broccoli cheddar soup, but it was not so tasty.  I think the mustard may have been the culprit -- the taste was weird, and I ended up eating a bowl for dinner and putting the rest down the drain.  I hate wasting food, but realistically, I never wanted to eat it again.

  • Another run tonight, not in the rain.  I'm starting the runs short...somewhat ridiculously so.  Using a .62 mile circuit around my house as a base.  The plan is to add a block a run.  I feel somewhat silly doing this, but I need to strike a balance between being active and not becoming obsessive, or starting too hard and getting injured.  So this is where I'm starting.  Tonight was .68 miles, according to Map My Run.
  • New shoes seem okay so far.  Small amount of heel slippage, but I have narrow heels.  Part of starting short on distance is being conscious of how I'm running -- trying to alter my default stride from heel striking to a more midfoot or forefoot strike.  Tonight was the first attempt at that, and I think it went well. I will have to see if I get shin splints as I keep doing this.

  • I was not productive today, school-wise.  Tomorrow will be a buckle down and do things day.

No comments:

Post a Comment